Sussex Table Tennis Alliance (STTA)
Constitution: Revised 9/6/08
Download as a Word Document: Click Here
The name of the group will be the 'Sussex Table Tennis Alliance'.
The group is seeking charitable status.
- AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
To support the strategic planning and coordination of table tennis development in Sussex, with a view to maximising and widening participation in the sport
This will involve the Alliance overseeing the following areas of work:
- The STTA Coaching Project
- The STTA Junior/Adult Circuit and, where appropriate, other junior/adult development competitions
- Piloting initiatives that explore different ways of providing additional and/or alternative local level competition
- Improving communication within the local table tennis community, especially for the benefit of coaches and development volunteers
- Coordinating ETTA graded events in the local area where there is an appropriate development rationale to do so
- Helping clubs and leagues to apply for funding and to run development projects in their area
- Any other development projects that the members of the group identify as necessary and appropriate as it progresses
- The Alliance will be administered by a Management Committee made up of officers elected annually by members (aged 16 and over) at the Annual General Meeting to be held not later than 30th January each year.
- Additional officer roles will be created in line with functional need and only after being voted through by a simple majority of the existing Management Committee.
- The Management Committee will have full and binding powers to execute the day-to-day running of the Alliance and to determine its policy.
- Ordinarily the Management Committee will meet four times per year in a quarterly cycle.
- The Officers of the Alliance will consist of the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer to be decided by election at the AGM.
- The property and assets of the Alliance shall be vested in the Management Committee to further its aims and objectives.
- The quorum for any meeting of the Management Committee will be three members including one of the Officers. In the absence of the Chairman, the Secretary will take Chair for the meeting.
- Decisions of the Management Committee will be made by a simple voting and in the case of a tied vote, the Chairman of the meeting will have a casting vote.
- An EGM can be called if at least two-thirds of Associate Clubs and/or two-thirds of the Management Committee request one with at least 14 days notice in writing to the Secretary.
- The Management Committee shall be the sole authority for interpretation of this constitution.
- Every officer of the Management Committee is hereby indemnified by the Alliance from all losses and expenses incurred in or about the discharge of his or her duties, except such as may arise from his own wilful act or default. No officer of the Management Committee shall receive any payment by virtue of holding that position.
- Membership of the Alliance will be open to (1) constituted table tennis clubs keen to participate as 'Associates' and (2) any individual (aged 16 years and above) that has an interest in developing table tennis in Sussex
- The Officers of the Alliance are empowered to refuse/suspend membership of a Club or individual (by majority vote) if they consider that granting/maintaining such membership would be detrimental to the well-being of the group, particularly in terms of it being able to fulfil its aims and objectives.
- No individual shall be excluded from membership of the Alliance or de-barred from being an Official on the Management Committee on the grounds of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
- For any issues where voting is required at an AGM or EGM the following rules shall apply:
- Officers will have two votes each
- Associate Club representatives will have one vote each up to a maximum of two votes in total (in addition to votes that officers with Club affiliations may have)
- The Alliance will be directly affiliated to the ETTA and bound by its rules.
- The Management Committee will cause proper accounts to be kept of the financial affairs of the Club. Audited accounts for the previous financial year (year ending 31st December) will be presented to the Annual General Meeting.
- In the event of the Alliance ceasing to exist any surplus funds and assets left over after liabilities have been settled (including any unspent grant returns to funding sources) will be distributed to the local clubs and leagues (proportionate to their original investment levels of funding and time) on the condition that they will be ring fenced for local table tennis development purposes.
- The Alliance shall take out a public liability policy of insurance.
- Cheques on the Alliance's bank account shall be signed by any two of the Officers (whom shall be unrelated) named in paragraph 3(c).
- The Treasurer's Report will be presented at each meeting. An Officer of the Alliance shall present the report in the Treasurer's absence.
Ian Ford (Secretary)
Martin Jezisek (Chairman)